So I found this picture on Pinterest for a DIY Christmas tree mobile and I decided to recreate it.
My inspiration from www.notmartha.org
*to save money you can just make the s-shaped hooks yourself. The ornament hooks are super inexpensive.
I provided links to all the items I used and a link to Megan's step-by-step instructions from her blog, in case you want to try this.
Materials (visit her blog for more details www.notmartha.org
- Aluminum Pizza Screen (she recommended a steamer rack, but i found this to be more inexpensive)
- Crimping Tool (any will do, it doesn't have to be a jewelry crimping tool)
- Lightweight jack chain (I found at Michaels)
- Carabiner (I used stick-on ceiling hooks so I ended up hanging the mobile from 2 points, instead of a carabiner I used 2 keychain rings I already had)
- monofilament jewelry string (found at Michaels- used 4 from Beadalon brand)
- Crimp beads (Michaels- she asked for 200, I probably used 300)
- Ornaments (I used almost 200)
- Ornament hooks (bought at dollar store)
- lanyard hooks
- Ceiling hook (I used 2 and they are stick-on... I found at my local hardware store)