Monday, September 19, 2011

I'd rather be sewing...

I should be doing homework, but... 

...I'd rather be sewing.
 Well in this case blogging about my sewing.  Here is a glimpse of my most recent creation.  I was having a love-hate relationship with this dress until I finished and styled it...
 It's definitely love! 

HERE is a full post of the dress styled and worn :)


This is the pattern I was talking about in THIS POST.  I made this one a maxi dress by extending the length and I also added a lining fabric, which makes this dress sooo heavy.  I didn't expect it to make such a huge difference.   
I also created a sweetheart neckline for this dress, but it's much more subtle here.







I tried to make the dress reversible. The lining fabric is just so beautiful!  But that's a little too advanced for me.  Although I did buy extra fabric to make something else with it. :)


Ugh! Just looking at the fabric as I post this makes me wish this was the main 
fabric and not just the lining.  I'm seriously in love with it!  
Can any of you relate to my dilema???







Ok, back to doing homework, here is the final project!






4 comments:

  1. Where did you get the fabric? awesome dress

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Fab,

    Thank you for your comment! I bought both fabrics at a local discount fabric store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that print. can't wait to see what it looks like on!

    ReplyDelete